Ultra-Compact Extended-Response Subwoofers
Clean, Awesome Power to Touch Your Soul
Many of today’s subwoofers fall into one of two categories: the smaller ultra-compact high-output category or the larger high-performance extended-response category. These two design types tend to offer different performance benefits, the ultra compact having the ability to play extremely loud, but over a narrower bandwidth and the large subs having this high output plus more extended response.
GoldenEar’s engineering team set out to accomplish the best of both worlds with the ForceField subwoofers: small size, yet with the smooth & wide response of a larger sub. There’s no sleight of hand, just great engineering. All ForceField subwoofers share the same technologies:
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies. These drivers handle massive power, have very long excursions, and have ultra-low distortion.
- Rigid cabinets to minimize standing waves and distortion. The drivers are front firing in all of our subwoofers for optimal performance. The cabinets’ possess a unique and understated shape and style that matches well with any décor.
- The driver’s response is enhanced with a carefully tuned, down-firing, quadratic-shaped passive radiator (no noisy ports on ForceField subs). The quadratic shape allows the radiators to use maximum surface area on the bottom of the cabinets and gets even greater output from the slot-loading that results from the subwoofers’ interface with the floor (see next point).
- The soft, energy-absorbing feet provided with every ForceField sub serve a number of functions. First, they hold the subwoofer at the correct distance off the floor so the passive radiator slot-loads with it for significantly increased output at the lowest frequencies. Second, the soft feet keep the subwoofer from dancing around on the floor.
- ForceField subwoofer amplifiers are designed in-house by GoldenEar engineering, so each is the perfect amp to power its specific subwoofer model. In addition, the amps all have powerful DSP sections to optimize frequency response, minimize distortion and prevent damage from overdriving. These amplifiers are all low distortion and extraordinarily powerful for reproducing seriously high-output AND low bass.
Compared to previous models, the new ForceField 30 and ForceField 40 subs boast several significant sonic and cosmetic refinements, including: a compact, elegant cabinet with curved top panel to further minimize resonances, a perforated metal grille for improved transparency and airflow, an upgraded electronics platform with Analog Devices DSP, and a gorgeous Satin-Black finish.
- Dimensions: 4″ (28.9cm) W x 16″ (40.6cm) D x 12.7″ (32.2cm) H (w/feet)
- Weight: 5lbs (14.3kg)
- Frequency Response: 18Hz-250Hz
- Driver Complement: One 8″ long-throw high-output bass driver; One 9″ x 11″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiator
- Amplifier: 1000-Watt ForceField digital amplifier
ForceField 40: $1,199 US
- Dimensions: 3″ (33.7cm) W x 18.3″ (46.5 cm) D x 14.7″ (37.3cm) H (w/feet)
- Weight: 5lbs (18.4kg)
- Frequency Response: 14Hz-250Hz
- Driver Complement: One 10″ long-throw high-output bass driver; One 11″ x 13″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiator
- Amplifier: 1200-Watt ForceField digital amplifier